Here comes the Holidays! That means lots of eating, some warm drinks, and hopefully happy time with the family. It also means presents. If you’re like many of us, you agonize over what Christmas gifts to give your family year after year. It’s hard, especially if someone in the family is a long-haul trucker. What do over the road drivers need? What gifts for truckers ideas would be meaningful?
Last year, we came up with lots of different ideas to box up under the tree. But that was 2019. This year has been a totally different for truckers and all of us. So we’ve revised our list. Hopefully, you find some helpful gifts for truckers ideas here:
Personal: This is for the driver who is dear to you. Show them that this hard year of long hours, fleeting praise, and heightened law enforcement that they went through made all the difference to you.
– Engraved Sunglasses Case: he’ll think of you every time he reaches for his shades.
– Personalized Mud Flaps: our favorite pick from this whole list! What a great idea!
– Personalized Coffee Mug/Thermos: practical, delicious, and sentimental. A good mix.
– Visor Clip: he doesn’t ever take his cap off? Now he’ll always have you in view.
Practical: Everybody needs equipment and tools to do their job. Some things just optimize the work. Some make the job go easier or help your body handle the physical stresses of it. Now that physical health is a bigger part of everyday life, these gifts will be especially handy.
– Multitool/Pocket Knife: he can’t have too many of these.
– Polarized Sunglasses: or these. Glasses get lost and break all the time.
– Miniature Safe: to store important things safely. A must-have.
– Miniature Fridge: to store all those delicious homemade meals.
– Support Seat Cushion: do these come with built in heaters? Hmm. Might check it out.
– Truck Mattress: specially sized and well-used. Buy a fresh one!
Entertainment: Does anyone really enjoy the act of driving for hours on end? Really? Well, for everyone who needs to give their brain some distraction or relief from the monotony, here are some useful gift ideas.
– Sirius Radio: the widest range of radio.
– Audiobook/Subscription: Audible and other services have tiered subscription options.
– DVDs: the possibilities are endless!
– Headset/Earphones: everyone’s ears are different. Check which style he might prefer.
– Handheld Gaming Console: Game Boys, Nintendo Switches, or a gift card to the app store.
Useables: Another angle to explore with your gift is to replenish things that run out. Whether its food or shampoo or ready cash, many day-to-day items get used up by drivers on the job. It’s better to already have back-ups than to have to find replacements on the fly. Now that public spaces (like truck stops) have an extra air of hazard, these will give any driver the option to stay out at the pumps.
– Re-usable masks, disposable gloves, and sanitizing wipes: Whether it’s Covid or the common cold, these can protect him in public areas.
– Snack Basket: that’s not rumble strips. That’s his stomach! It’s snack time.
– Stocked Shower Kit: nobody wants to run out of soap mid-shower.
– Keurig/K-cups: to keep the caffeine coming.